Spray Tans can be your best friend or your worst enemy. The babes at Anastacia’s want to insure that you are prepared for the best spray tan of your life. We are going to answer a few frequently asked questions and go over some pre and post tanning tips!
Will I turn orange?
This is probably one of the most frequently asked questions and the answer is no. No you will not look like and Oompa Loompa. We promise! We use an all organic, paraben free, vegan formula that naturally tints the skin. You also have the option to be as light or as dark as you want!
How long will my tan last?
Your bronze will last somewhere between 5 to 7 days. You can insure your faux glow to last a bit longer by adding on our prep spray. Prep spray acts as primer that moisturizes the skin and extends your glow. You can also check our pre and post tan tips for more info on getting the most our of your tan!
When should I schedule my tan?
Your tan will typically look its best on it’s 2nd and 3rd day. So, if you have a hot date on Saturday shoot for a Thursday or Friday appointment. Also keep in mind that your tan needs between 6-8 hours to oxidize. So leave time for that when scheduling your appointment. That means no contact with liquids or lotions. No showers, washing of the hands, working out, etc. If it looks like it’s going to rain, dress accordingly and bring an umbrella. You will typically be a bit darker during this period but again, not Oompa Loompa like.
What should I wear?
You can wear whatever you like during your bronze. Bikini or Commando, it’s up to you. After your tan we recommend wearing something loose. Jeans are not ideal. Think breathable cottons. Go braless afterward!
I’m Knocked Up?
We use an organic based solution, which is totally safe during your pregnancy. We also have nose filters if you want to be extra cautious. For women who are breast-feeding we recommend wearing a bikini stop or bandeau to cover the nipple.
Pre Tan Tips!
- Start prepping for your tan a few days prior to your appointment. Start exfoliating in the shower and make sure your skin is hydrated. Dry spots aren’t ideal for tanning. If you’re going to wax make sure to schedule your appointment one day before your appointment.
- Show up to your appointment clean and bare. If you’re coming from work make sure to remove your deodorant, foundation, and any excessive lotion with the wipes we provide.
- Ask questions before your tan begins. Make sure speak up about the look you are going for. If you want Miss Hawaiian Tropics dark, let us know!
- Prep spray, which we touched on above is a great way to stay moisturized and extend your glow!
Post Tanning Tips!
- Let your tan oxidize! 6-8 hours babes! No water, exercise, or lotions! Just chill and let your tan do it’s thing.
- When it’s time to shower avoid using products that will leave a residue. Avoid products that claim to be deep moisturizing. We really recommend using all natural products. Not just to extend your tan life. Natural products are just gentler on your skin in general! We also recommend showering with luke warm water. Expect to see some excess solution being rinsed off your body during your first shower, but don’t worry you are still glowing!
- Stay Moisturized! This is key for a killer tan! Make sure you are using a basic lotion after every shower and also any time you are feeling dry. Stay away from oil-based lotions.
- Another great way to extend your tan is to use a gradual tanning product in between appointments. We make bronzing foam that is super easy to use in between tans!
- Avoid hot yoga the days immediately following your appointment. Don’t sweat away that beautiful bronze!
- Last, ask about our post spray and setting dust! Both will lock in the flawless glow!